Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spectacle case & Wallet

These are what I've made recently, a small spectacle case/ pencil case and a wallet.
The case was made using a repurposed blouse & the finished size is 6 1/2" wide X 3" tall.


You can see how small the case is. It can only fit pens less than 6 1/2" long.


I made this wallet using Ikea fabrics.After stitching everything together, turning the wallet right side out was the hardest part. Many layers of fabrics make the corners too thick. I guess binding the borders with binding strips would be much easier.


I just sew some Velcro for the closure. Next time I might try using magnetic snap for the closure.This wallet has 1 full width pocket to hide your money,3 card slots & 1 pocket for coins.
Finished size: 4" X 3 3/4" (when folded).

Do you like it?


2 comments:

  1. I like the pattern of the pencil case and the button is sooo retro :D, you should top-stitch around the openning so that the whole thing will retain its shape.

    The wallet is very nice as well, did you use some kind of interface to make it steady?? I make mine using batting only, it's rather fluffy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sue :)
    Yup! I should have top stitch the opening + ironing it. lazy me:P
    The wallet is fused with heavyweight interfacing. Felt would be great too for making stiff & structured wallet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...